Monday, June 30, 2008

Cafe Asia (no stars)

Cafe Asia in Rosslyn, Virgina, is a large restaurant that offers many kinds of Asian cuisine, though predominantly Chinese, Southeast Asian, Japanese, and Sushi. I stopped in here last week for lunch. I had been here before a few years ago and had competently executed pad thai, but details escape me. This time I started with crab fried wonton. If there was crab in there, I couldn't detect it. I mainly got a gummy interior and a flavorless exterior. Next I had some sushi -- my favorite unagi (eel), which was also lacking in flavor and had a slight film on it. The crab in the crab roll had not been well picked over (some cartilage made it through) and the yellow-fin tuna roll had such tiny pieces of tuna in it, most of the flavor came from the seaweed wrap. Not worth $20 for lunch.

No comments: