Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Prep


It's the night before Thanksgiving, and all through the house, only one creature was stirring, and he was still trying to decide how to prepare the Turkey! See, I'm doing some Thanksgiving preparations today -- making the sweet potato pie (please, please let the crust roll out well!), starting the petit pains au lait (rolls to you), and deciding how to prep the 20 pound turkey we got from Julie up at Groff's Content Farm. I originally ordered a heritage turkey, but Julie said when I went to collect it that they were too small, so I ended up with a much larger (though it was the smallest they had) broad breast Turkey. They are nice looking, though (see photo).


I think in the end, I will salt brine it again, but go easy on the salt this time (I put too much on last year). We have a cooler that could fit the turkey for wet brining, but it won't fit in the fridge that way.

No comments: