Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The GOAT

Some of you may know LL Cool J's (that's, Ladies Love Cool James) album, the G.O.A.T. -- Greatest of All Time. Never mind that the album is not his best work. I digress completely, because I am here to write about a different goat entirely -- the Goats do Roam of South Africa. It was recently pointed out to me that I seem to report on the expensive restaurants, but not places like Five Guys (been to the one in Old Town and in Tampa, by the way, and thank you very much Fierce Flores). So, I don't have any cheap restaurants to report on, but the Goats do Roam Wine Company of South Africa (home of the gosh-darn kruggerand -- quote is prettied up from Lethal Weapon Two) does offer a great wine at a fantastic price. I tried the 2006 vintage of this peppery, fruity, deep wine, available for about $12 at Balducci's, which means you can probably find it for a bit cheaper elsewhere. Don't feel ashamed to drink this bottle by yourself on a weeknight -- it's yummy and won't dent your wallet.

No comments: