Friday, September 19, 2008

Bourbon ***

I owe a couple of posts, which I will get to at some point, but I wanted to enter a few quick notes on Bourbon. You get no points for guessing this place's specialty. Hans and I went there last night for some drinks and dinner, our second visit to the Adams Morgan outlet. I won't give detailed tasting notes on the drinks, but we had the Elmer T. Lee Single Barrel from Buffalo Trace, Heaven Hill's Rittenhouse Rye, and a third that replaced the Four Roses the place was out of. I think it was Elijah Craig, but I forget at this point.

The drinks came in tumblers, which are not the best to drink out of if one is interested in getting the full experience, but I recall last time that drinks did come in nosing glasses. That said, this night was not about discovering the finer points of the drinks. The range of bourbons and whiskies is impressive and reasonably priced (many are in the $6-$9 range). The food is also very good. The veggie sliders -- house made -- are excellent, as was the bison burger and the ostrich burger. An excellent choice for drinks with friends.

No comments: