Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I should have bought a whole case

A few weeks ago I finished up my bottle of Bruichladdich's 3D3 Norrie Campbell Edition. From my first taste last spring, I knew this was a special bottle. It is a much more heavily peated whisky than Bruichladdich's normal line, something like 40 parts per million, but the use of three different vintages, from three different warehouses and three different peating levels yielded an exceptionally complex and layered scotch. I would put it ahead of JW's Blue Label, myself, and at about $65 a bottle at the time, it was a steal. I really should have bought a case, or at least a few more bottles, but alas it seems to be out of stock at my usual store. I hope Bruichladdich continues to bring out 3D3. I think their current project in the peating realm, though, is the Octomore and new sherry bottlings.

No comments: