Friday, February 13, 2009

Bistro du Coin

I can't give you a real rating for Bistro du Coin for two main reasons: I only had one dish and it was drowned in a lot of (mediocre) Cote du Rhone wine, which is to say I had had at least four glasses before I had my dish. That said, the maple-leaf duck breast was executed perfectly, cooked exactly how it should be (if the chef recommends medium rare, eat it medium rare, don't make them cook it longer) and given a nice creamy peppercorn sauce. The plate also came with a cake of carrot-potato gratin that was excellent and worked well in mopping up the sauce.

Bistro du Coin is loud and proud of it. It's tall, almost cavernous interior is designed to augment the laid-back, bustling atmosphere of a busy french bistro. Eating here is not for the stuffy, but for those who want to have a good time with friends. You don't have to worry about being too loud here!

No comments: